Monday 4 November 2013

Monthly Round Up - October

So, having returned from my holidays in the last week of September, October for me has been all about getting settled back into my routine. I'm sad to say that the weather has been massively disappointing! I am used to being able to predict when Autumn is happening and unfortunately it has been a bit hit and miss... I guess due to the mild weather. I was quite looking forward to crisp leaves and walking in the forest with foggy breath. Ah well, fingers crossed November happens this way!

Read - I had a bit of a reading break after my holiday but I finished the month up with the final in the Meg Cabot Abandon series, which wasn't a disappointment! I have read my good food magazine this month, on time which is a first for me! There are some ace recipes that I can't wait to try out.

Watched - Wow lots this month! Breaking Bad seasons 2-5, New Girl is back, Awkward is also back. Vampire Diaries and Glee are too but I'm not caught up on them. In terms of normal TV, Tom Kerridges Prroper Pub Food but mainly The Great British Bake Off. We've also started the new Karl Pilkington series, The Moaning of Life - it is very funny indeed!

Listened - Quite a musical month, which is unusual for me. Imagine Dragons are great inspiration in work! I love Haim at the moment too. Towards the end of the month, I took my brother to see Jamie Cullum which I wasn't hugely excited about as I've not listened to a lot of his music but having been, I can't stop listening to him. His support was a band called The Lottery Winners, who are pretty new so only have three songs out at the moment but all are brilliant and I will be waiting for more.

Most Used Beauty - Probably my Soap and Glory Arch de Truimph eyebrow pencil. My threader got a bit excited, and one brow is a bit on the baldy side. I now have Archery to try out as the Arch de Triumph pencil is driving me a bit mad with the amount of sharpening it requires.

Ate - Hmm probably roast potatoes. Excitingly, this time of year means we have loads of roast potatoes in our house! Also, parsnips - hurrah for those being in season.

Drank - Tea, so much of it. I have actually stopped drinking water and am drinking so so so much tea. Its good though, warms your cockles!

Did – I've had quite an exciting month really, but the best thing was probably seeing Jamie Cullum. Partly because he was incredible, his 2 hour 15 minute set was just breathtakingly good but the other part which was possibly even better than him was seeing my brother so happy and enjoying himself.

Went – YeeRah, first time trying here but went with mum and it was really good. We also went on an open top tour bus in our home city of Liverpool, which was a really good laugh.

New Favourite Item - My green lego lunchbox, it is ace! Or my Unicorn Pandora charm - I love Unicorns!

How about you, what has your October held?

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment