Sunday 24 March 2013

15 questions


Hi Rach here.

This is my first blog post! I have joined a few friends who already blog and decided a goo way to start might be by answering their post of 15 questions. I suspect I will become a nosy blogger given that I'm the sort to be found people watching or going for a walk just to have a nosy at the neighbours gardens. So, they each set five questions and have answered all fifteen of them and now its my turn to give it a go. So, welcome to my world!

Keisha

What would be your "Come Dine with Me" menu?
Now this is a very good question! I’ve often thought about this but am a bit random when it comes to pairing of meals so as a complete menu it would most likely be completely random! To start with I think I would make asparagus with Parma ham and garlic butter – we tried this for the first time in Barcelona earlier this year and it was just incredible! Really simple but so so tasty. For main I think I would rustle up a curry of some sort. My specialties are Thai Green Curry or Tikka Masala… I think I’d go with the Green Curry purely because it’s quite a fresh tasting one and not something many people have tried. I’d serve it with Thai sticky rice I think and make sure it was packed full of baby sweetcorn and sugar snap peas. For desert my speciality and handed down menu of Passion fruit and Orange cheesecake. It’s a refrigerated cheesecake with a gingernut biscuit base and it is beautiful even if I do say so myself!

What is/was your favourite children's film?
I love Monsters Inc. because Sully is fab and I think it’s a really clever film but I’ve also always loved Hercules because it is full of Greek Gods and goddesses! So much of my trivia knowledge related to Greece comes from that film (don’t tell my family though they think I’m really good at Trivial Pursuit!!!)

What is your cinema snack of choice?
Sweet popcorn and a bucket of drink! We never used to bother with popcorn but it has now become a staple for every cinema visit. Me and the man get a large popcorn and drink and share… I use the word share loosely he blatantly gets the most!

What is your proudest moment to date?
It has to be the day I graduated! I didn’t think that I would be that fussed about graduation and getting up on stage but I was so aware of how much work I’d put in and the second I got up on stage my brother started cheering for me and whooping and it just made it incredible to think that he was proud of me!

What do you look like right now? (picture please!)
I have a green face.







How did you name your blog?
With the help of three lovely ladies J it is based on my nickname (RacheeFace) and the title tends to put you in mind of Hammer Time which made me laugh so I figured it would be a good thing!

What are your favourite TV programmes? 
I watch a lot of American TV a lot of which is trash! I think the best program I watch at the moment is Supernatural. I just love everything about it, the characters, the humour, the mosters and the music! House was also a favourite before it was cancelled L and New Girl is a close third. I also watch Switched at Birth, 90210, Glee (terrible, I know!), Lost Girl, Bunheads, The Lying Game and The New Normal.

British TV – anything cookery related. Masterchef, Great British Menu and Great British Bake Off all make me a very happy bunny!

Which five people would you like to meet? Where would you take them?
Simon Rogan, I would take him somewhere really cool and I can’t think of anywhere really cool! I’d like to meet Robert Downy Jnr and take him on the Liverpool Duckmarine Tour just because I think he would find it hilarious! Dan Brown. I would take him to a Cathedral or a church just to see if he burst into flames for being so blasphemous in his books (not judging him, I’m just curious!). Johnny Depp, I would take him to meet my mum in the hope that he would fall madly in love and become my very very very rich step dad. I’d like to meet my Nana May who passed away before I was born and I’d take her out for a decent meal!

What is your signature dish?
I had to ask G about this because he is a good critic and unfortunately for him is subjected to my cooking on a daily basis. He thinks that risotto is my signature dish, any flavour. Not quite sure why this is because I have been known to get very bored of waiting for it to cook!

If you could tell the other members of the LBLC one thing each, what would it be?
Keisha: There is somebody out there who will worship you Sizzlyone just keep your eyes open!

Louise: As Dory from finding Nemo would say, just keep swimming! And knitting and doing anything that makes you happy. Happy is a good thing J

Karen: Always make sure you take time for you and please treat yourself often and lavishly, you deserve it.


What one thing would you tell yourself when you were 16 if you could go back, and why?
Stop trying to make everybody like you and learn to like yourself. You will succeed in your GCSEs so don’t stress out about it and if you don’t there is always another option. But most of all, just be yourself and don’t be scared of doing so!

What is your ideal way to spend a free hour?
Curled up with G talking about anything and everything J if it involves something that makes us laugh it’s even better! Alternatively, doing a where’s wally together.

If you could do any 'experience' day sort of thing what would you do and why?
A while back I got a hot air balloon experience for my birthday but we never actually managed to do it. I would love to be able to do this in Africa and look down at all the animals. I would also love to go snorkelling through caves again we did this in Mexico and it was just incredible.

If you were pope what would you choose as your name and why?
Reverend Didadid Reefer because I used http://www.23ae.com/format/holyname.html to generate a holy name for myself and this was the one that made me cackle.

What have you done recently that you really shouldn't have but are glad you did?
I went on a spa day with my lovely mum and two of her sisters. It was very self-indulgent but we had a brilliant time! I will do it more often. I also bought myself an ice watch which I didn’t need because I already have a beautiful watch but my ice one is soooo pretty J


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, ladyface! Glad to see you enjoyed your spa day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Welcome to blogging! We are lucky to have you x

    ReplyDelete